Cade @ cadeunderbooks tagged me for this award. Thanks a lot!
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
2. Answer the questions
3. Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
4. List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
1. If you weren’t blogging about books, what would be the next best thing? Or, another angle, do you have any other blogs/social media/internet hangouts?
On my tumblr I like to blog about art. I reblog beautiful illustrations and sometimes share my own art.
2. Name one dream casting for a character from a book you love if it was ever adapted to film or TV.
I don’t know. It’s not really a thing I think about while reading
3. What’s one object you would like to have from a book? Would you use it for its intended purpose?
I immediately told of the Harry Potter books. There are so many magical objects in the series. It was hard to choose, but the thing I most want is a ticket to the Hogwarts Express. That would give me the opportunity to visit Hogwarts! Maybe I can apply for a job as teacher in Muggle Studies, so I can stay there…
4. Have you had any book accidents in your life? (Dropped in the tub, accidentally flown out a car window, stepped on it and slid like a cartoon character, etc.)
Sadly yes. One of my books got wet because I left it in the rain. Another book got wet because the bottle in my bag leaked. Poor books!
5. Have you ever been given a book or bookish item as a gift? Who gave it to you and do you still have it?
Books are my favourite gifts! For my last birthday I got The Travelling Cat Chronicles from my parents. An amazing book! I share my birthday with my aunt. The funny thing is that I gave my aunt the same book, without knowing my parents also bought it for me 🙂
6. Do you like to find inscriptions in books? What’s the best or most unusual one you’ve read?
Besides names at the start of the books, I can’t remember finding inscriptions in books. I do like the idea.
7. Chilly winter nights in front of a crackling fire or soft summer evenings by a sighing ocean? Or what’s your reading locale aesthetic?
I can basically read everywhere. But I especially like long train journeys and reading in the garden on a warm summer day.
8. Would you like immortality?
Well, it would give me lots of time to read… But it would be really sad to see everyone around me die.
9. How many books have you read this year and do you like to set reading goals?
I read 52 books and hope to read a few more before the year ends. I like to set reading goals, because they motivate me to read more books. Though, it’s important the goal is realistic.
10. Do you like spicy foods?
Yes, but not too much and not too spicy.
11. Do you have a book that helped you through a tough time in your life? Or that had very relatable character(s) for you?
I can’t remember a specific book. I do think books helped me (and still do) to both escape from my life and to better understand it.
- Emma @ howlsmovinglibrary
- Jaime @ booksandwafflesblog
- Sarah @ dragonsandzombies
- Sim @ flippingthruthepages
- Zezee @ zezeewithbooks
I tag you to answer my questions, but don’t feel obliged to do so 🙂
My questions for you
1. Which book are you currently reading?
2. Do you prefer a hard-cover, paperback or an e-reader?
3. What is your favourite quote?
4. What do you think about writing and highlighting in books?
5. In which language(s) do you read?
6. What language would you like to speak fluently?
7. What is a topic you enjoy learning about?
8. What is your favourite non-fiction book?
9. Which book character do you identify with the most?
10. If you were able to visit a place from a book, where would you go?
11. What place in our own world would you like to visit?